The Lingopolo campaign on the crowdfunding site Kickstarter has now finished. Unfortunately, it did not get anywhere near reaching the funding goal I set for it. I have many theories as to why that was the case: the principal one, I think, was overly ambitious target, with too few people already knowing about Lingopolo.
Although this particular Kickstarter campaign did not succeed, the Lingopolo vision is as strong as ever; it just means that this particular crowdfunding campaign to make it happen is closed.
Here are some of the next steps which I am working on:
- starting a volunteer-based push to add Japanese
- (ongoing) improving the current software on Lingopolo, and gradually moving toward the any-to-any model anyway, albeit a lot slower than if I had managed to get funding
- (ongoing) continuing to add new words and phrases to the existing languages: Dutch, French, Thai
So, although the Kickstarter campaign failed, the Lingopolo vision of bringing free quality language learning to the world goes on!